Friday, June 23, 2006

Bowtie Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper and Ham in White Wine Sauce


Yesterday was another hot summer day. And I didn't sleep well for the past 2 nights, so I wasn't in the mood to cook a Chinese meal with different dishes, not to mention the extra plates and bowls that needed to be washed after the meal.

I cooked pasta in the end. With the simple combination of white wine + vidalia onion + roast red pepper + lemon juice that guarantee success. I don't know why, but this simple combination will just work! The white wine gives the dish a sophisticated taste that couldn't be achieved using other condiments. Juice from half a lemon added towards the end also brighten the flavor of the sauce!Nowadays I always keep some lemons in the fridge for various uses. Like in the banana cake, pasta dish, sauce and iced lemon drink!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails