Saturday, March 05, 2005

About

My name is Mandy, a Malaysian Chinese who resides in the United States since 2005.

Fresh from the Oven was first started as a space to update friends and families of my life in the United States. However, it was soon turned into a cooking and baking blog, recording my kitchen experiments because I spent most of my free time reading and trying out new recipes. Later, food photography becomes an obsession. So I cook more food to practice my photography skill.

I didn't start baking until I got married and moved to the US. The brownie mix from a box was the first revelation that I could bake too. Later, enbolden by my very encouraging husband- OCT and my friends, I started baking from scratch. I have a degree in applied chemistry, so I think I know a thing or two about mixing things without burning down the kitchen.

I love the act of mixing, baking and creating desserts for people I love. It makes people feel special when presented with homemade desserts. Which in turn makes me happy.

It wasn't until year 2009 that it became clear to me that, I could turn something I deeply passionate about into a career. So I went to The French Pastry School in Chicago, to have a formal and professional training in pastry. It is the best decision I have ever made in my life, only second to marrying OCT!

I am currently working in a professional pastry kitchen, doing what I love to do! I wake up every morning, looking forward to make someone's day special. It is the best feeling in the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did a google on lavender cake recipes and found your lemon-lavendar pound cake recipe. I recently returned from a visit to southern France where I learned about the Provence Lavender. My sister bought me a bag of culinary grade lavender and I have made: pork chops, bread, creme brulee, lemonade, and coffee cake. I am fascinated by it and want to expand my ability to use this special herb in cooking. Thank you for sharing this delightful recipe as I plan to make this cake as a thank you gift to my sister-in-law who took care of my dog while I was away in France. :-)

-Weslie

Related Posts with Thumbnails