Prawns in Sabah, my hometown is cheap and good
1. I am currently using a pentax K100D with SMCP-FA 50mm f/1.4 and am loving every minute of it.
2. Yes, I photoshop all the photos you see in my blog.
3. The few functions of photoshop that I know how to use, include auto level, contrast and auto color.
4. I try to take most of the photos under natural light. Normally around 10-11a.m or 3-5p.m, the time when there's enough natural light .
5. I use the aperture priority setting with aperture set between 2.8-3.5 most of the time.
Laksa, in the hawker store near OCT's
1. I don't use a timer when cooking/baking...and always forget how long my cakes/cookies have been baking. But I make sure I keep a close watch on them.
2. I can never level a cake nicely. As a result, the layer cakes always turn out tilted like the Tower of Pisa.
3. I lack the imagination required for cake decoration. So I opt for simple chocolate glaze most of the time.
4. I believe that a layer of chocolate glaze make everything taste better.
5. I have never made custard before. Probably because it is not something that I like in particular.
Crab, must eat seafood in Sabah.
1. I love to sing. I went karaoke with my friends frequently when I was in Singapore.
2. I don't believe you have to spend a lot of money to get delicious food. Food prepared with tender loving care from our loved ones is the best.
3. I like to seek out where the locals go for unpretentious, delicious food whenever I travel.
4. I wanted to learn photography and photoshops from books, but that never materializes.
5. I am the eldest child and my brother is 2 years younger.
Random shot, on the rare occasion that I eat lunch.
6. My favorite person in the entire world is my grandpa Jimmy. Sadly, he passed away when I was 1o years old.
7. When I was 4-5 years old, I asked my grandpa to get me a star in the sky. I thought all he needed was a stair in our store room.
8. I am my grandpa's favorite grandchild. He used to shower me with gifts when he returned from travel.
9. The local food I love to eat include: laksa, prawn noodle and "kou rou" (pork belly) when they are done right. But chocolate remains my absolute favorite, the darker the better.
10. I don't care about the presentation of food, as long as it's tasty.
Vegetarian meal, prepared by one of my best friends- Khim, for her birthday
11. I am not an adventurous eater, I don't mind eating the same dish in the same restaurant over and over again.
12. I love to cook for others. Hopefully, I can turn this into a career one day.
13. I would rather not read a book or watch a movie with sad ending.
14. I love cheerful colors and OCT says I am easily satisfied.
15. I am planning to go to pastry school in 2 years' time once I save enough money.
My first year eating Chinese New Year Eve dinner at OCT's. They have steamboat every year