Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Mustard Heb Crusted Pork Tenderloin

I am very picky when it comes to pork. Maybe because of the bad experience I had when making pork dishes. Other than spareribs, and pork butt, that I used to make roast pork once, I hardly acquainted myself with pork. Even when it's on sale in the grocery store.

Not too long ago, my confidence with pork, particularly pork tenderloin is regained after seeing it appears in some recipes. I gave it a try with a Korean recipe, using Gochujang- the multi purpose korean red pepper sauce. It was really nice! And reminds me of the pork dish grandpa used to make when I grew up.

Spicy Korean Marinated Pork (Jeyuk Bokkeum)


With previous success, I happily planned a pork tenderloin dish for our dinner. The recipe comes from Jan 07 issue of Cookinglight, and is fairly easy to prepare. The trimmed tenderloin is first coated with a mustard mixture, followed by a drenche in seasoned breadcrumb. The rest of the work is left to the oven.

OCT's lunchbox, packed full with the pork tenderloin



I guess I must have overbake the pork tenderloin, as it turned out slightly hard to my liking. OCT thought it's quite nice. But I think I still prefer the Asian preparation, which the tenderloin is marinated for a couple of hours before a quick stirfry. Maybe I will use the remaining pork tenderloin in a Thai recipe. But that can only happen next week, as I already have this week's menu all planned out! I am a planner, yeah!

Mustard Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Adapted from Cookinglight Jan 07

1 (1/2-ounce) slice white bread
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons grated fresh Romano cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
1 garlic clove, minced
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 450°.
Place slice of bread in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1/4 cup. Combine the breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, cheese, and 2 teaspoons thyme in a shallow dish. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Combine Dijon mustard, fennel seeds, and garlic in a small bowl. Rub pork with mustard mixture, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.

Place the pork on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160° (slightly pink). Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails