Thursday, August 10, 2006

Dark Chocolate Pistachio Cookies


This is the answer to that bag of pistachio that has been sitting in the cabinet for more than a month.As usual, I wasn't sure why I bought it in the first place. Maybe it's for the trail mix that I intended to conjure, or something.

This afternoon, while browsing for a potential birthday cake to make for myself, I came across a white chocolate pistachio cookies recipe. Since tomorrow is OCT's lab meeting, I decided to whip up a batch for his labmates.

Before the cookies are presented to others, it's imperative for them to pass the baker's quality control. I took one bite of the cookie that was still warm, and couldn't help to reach out for second.There isn't many chocolate pistachio cookies recipe around, and I am not too sure if it's interchageable with walnuts or hazelnut. But I definitely like the texture of these cookies. They are soft and chewy.

OCT doesn't like pistachio, so I am not sure if he would enjoy these cookies as much as I do. Anyway, I don't think the pistachio has any distinctive or unpleasant taste here. I shall wait for his review when he is back....

Pistachio Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
(adapted from California Pistachio Commission)

1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk (omitted)
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour (used 2 cups)
1 teaspoon each baking soda, baking powder and salt
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cups natural California pistachios, coarsely chopped, divided
1 package (10 ounces) dark chocolate chunk

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and sugars together. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Process oats in blender or food processor, leaving some texture. Gradually add flour mixture and chopped oats to butter mixture, mixing well. Stir in 1 cup pistachios and dark chocolate chips. Drop mixture by heaping teaspoons onto greased baking sheets, allowing for spreading. Press remaining pistachios on top of cookie dough. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly on sheet to set up.


Makes 3 to 4 dozen.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails