Tuesday, June 21, 2011

are you still here?

hmm...hi. this is awkward. 6 months has passed and you wonder if this pastry girl has completely abandoned her blog.

With all the changes in life, I have given some thoughts on starting another blog, but it just doesnt seem right. What was first started as a way to keep in touch with family has turned into a food blog with lots of pictures and recipes. Subsequently it becomes a work portfolio to get me into the doors of some of the best pastry shops. As my readership grows,  I become more reserved and aware of the things I share. Which is tough. Because I am someone who likes to speak my mind. A new blog would allow me to do just that anonymously. Tough call. I need time to carefully think this through.

Meanwhile, I just want to let everyone knows that Fresh from the Oven is currently blogging from New York City! I have landed a dream job in one of the city's best pastry shops. It's the kind of place where I would go work for free without a moment of hesitation if money is not an issue. But no. It would be naive to think that i could afford to live in NYC without pay. I am glad that my boss offered me a paid position to do what i love to do.

I cant tell you the name of the shop, which I hope would allow me to blog more freely about some of the quirk observations I see at work. And the occasional rants.

It is also my goal to check out as many bakeries and restaurants as I could when i am here. So you may find more food reviews here instead of recipes in the future. If you have a favorite local pizza place in NYC that you would like to share, i am all ears. :)

21 comments:

Val said...

I'm just so happy to see a new post on your blog! I wish you'd keep your current blog instead of moving to another space, but the decisions all yours. Congrats on the new job!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the move and the new position!

Blessed Homemaker said...

I'm a silient reader but I just need to let you know that yes, I'm still lurking around. And congrats on your new endeavor!

May - So Very Domestic said...

I'm a total lurker too but yes, I'm still here! It's amazing what we stop sharing when we notice more people are reading!

Anne said...

Congrats on your new job Mandy!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Congrats on landing your dream job in NYC!

bp said...

Mandy, great to see a post from u again... Congrats on your new job! Blog on and ROCK ON!!!

Jennywenny said...

Congrats on the new job! Looking forward to hearing more!

Thip said...

Congrats! and enjoy working in NY.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your dream job! Happen to pop in your blog. Nice! Blogger get tired after a while cause have to be careful with what we write! But please don't let it became "commercial" blog. Cheers!

Sweet P said...

so happy to see you're back!!! can you believe I saw your new post because I came back to make your marble yogurt cake again! my first cake ever and one of the best I've ever had!!! congrats on the new job!!!! hopefully when i visit ny, i might walk into the shop you work in now!

storm said...

congrats!!!
it's not everyday or everyone get to land their dream job.

more reviews less recipes, i still love your blog. it is so entertaining!

Edith said...

Nice to see you blog again. Welcome back.

Sue said...

Congrats on your new job Mandy, can't wait to read more about you living and working in NYC!!

E San Thai Kitchen said...

hiii...i'm ur follower as well..like ur blog so much..and the recipe to..
feel free to visit our blog and once u come back to m'sia pls feel free to drop by and test our food..;))


http://esanthaikitchen.blogspot.com

karenpoore said...

Just found your blog!
Feel blessed to have found a dream job ...

churches in perris said...

Congratulations on the new move. They have the best person for the job. I've been following you for some time now and I am happy for you.

Chocolate Chip Cookies said...

I checked back and saw this post. Congrats on the move to New York! I am jealous and I can't imagine all the restaurants and food shops there are to explore! Keep up the good work and don't forget that lots of people are still looking at your blog!

Nicole said...

It sounds like a great job for you! Congratulations!

Nina Richard - Professional Doctorate said...

Yes, I’m still up to read more posts from this site, from you in particular. It is great that you have come back to share new ideas for us, your readers. I hope you will post more recipes and also any other topics such as tourism, lifestyle, wildlife and beauty.

Y said...

Huge congrats on the new job! Must confess, I'm a little jealous :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails