Friday, August 24, 2007

Recycling Idea

Matcha Cream Cheese TartsRemember I told you about the leftover cream cheese from my last batch of Matcha Brownie? After the brownie was baked, I decided to use the cream cheese mixture to make some mini tarts. Even though it was left with only a bit of leftover, I found myself getting 7 mini cheesecake tarts out of it. Wasn't too bad right?

Such is the beauty of recycling. Oh, and I must also mention that the tart dough was the leftover from another tart I made months ago. You can find its recipe here. I can't remember exactly when the tart dough was made, nor its initial purpose for existence. Anyway, I am certainly thankful that it's there at my disposal.

As far as I could recall, the tart dough had been used for a chocolate raspberry tart, a Nutella tart (which I wanted to blog, but keep forgetting)and now, in some mini matcha cream cheese tarts! Despite of making multiple appearances, there is still some remnant in the freezer which is enough for more than one tart shell!

Later this week, I used some for a little cookie project, which I shall keep the detail for another post. Because I am obsessed with everything green lately, please embrace yourself for some green posts ahead.

Matcha Cream Cheese Tarts Now on these gems made from recycled stuff. They are pretty great on their own. The filling was tangy with a little hint of matcha. Not overly grassy, because I used very little matcha. I love the fact that it suffices the craving for a piece of cheesecake, without the guilt of ingesting 1000 calories.However, it took all my mental strength for not reaching out for seconds, even when no one was watching.

Most of the Matcha Cheese Tarts were given away, which made me sad, now that I think of it....I should have kept them all to myself. Well,I am not one who will deprive myself, so I made something else to fill up the void quite promptly. It certainly lifted my spirit.

Because the cream cheese batter were in two separate ziplock bags, I had fun piping them out in different patterns. It was quite therapeutic and made me forget about the August heat, well, for a short while. But as you can see, I wasn't exactly creative in the piping department. The patterns are all pretty boring. Maybe I should make another batch of these matcha cheese tarts, and endeavor to make some funky and creative tarts? Alright, I confess I only want an excuse to make another batch soon.

18 comments:

Elle said...

You get the most creative and excellent use of leftovers award for August! (I made that up)and they look so pretty, too. I think you did a great job with the swirl patterns. Who can dislike cheesecake?

WokandSpoon said...

OMG! Mandy, those little matcha cheese tarts are fantastic! They're soooo creative and cute! i'm at a complete lost of words for how cool your recycled recipe is!

Anonymous said...

It's so awesome to hear the way you save leftovers and make them into entirely new treats- Now I don't feel nearly so bad for saving little jars of extra frosting and such in my refrigerator!

Anyway, the tartlettes are absolutely beautiful and perfectly piped. Nice work!

Anh said...

Your leftover looks so wonderful, I just wanna have a bite right now! Lovely!

Rasa Malaysia said...

You really are an amazing baker! I salute you. By the way, I am not much a baker...do you know how to make Malaysian-style butter cookies, like those made for Chinese New Year which is so buttery (or margarine, which is fine too), with little cherry bit at the top? Or those with Kellogg's corn flakes? If you can make those and provide recipe, I will be forever thankful! I really don't like American-style cookies. :P

Anne said...

wow, no one will ever complain if leftovers are this good :)

Anonymous said...

Goodness Mandy , these are from leftovers? They looks so delightful, and I could just imagine myself eating this right now. Love matcha desserts!

Patricia Scarpin said...

I love it, Abby - those swirls look beautifully done!

SteamyKitchen said...

very very creative and pretty! love the colors

Dee Light said...

They look wonderful!!!

bp said...

Love those swirls... how pretty! =)

Anonymous said...

wow! beautiful!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Recycling is in!!!! Too bad the tarts didn't last longer...but at least you have a photo for us to drool over!!!

Brilynn said...

Love those tarts, they're so pretty!

Deborah said...

What gorgeous little tarts!

Anonymous said...

This looks wonderful. I love the looks of them and will surely try! Thank you!

Mandy said...

thanks everyone for your kind comments! I am flattered! :)

Rasa Malaysia,
I know what you mean...I haven't made any CNY goodies so far except for pineapple tarts. Will let you know when I have T&T recipes on the cookies you mentioned.

Rasa Malaysia said...

Yay...I want to make cookies...quick quick please find me the recipes and I will start baking. I already bought the cookie cutter of various shapes and forms. LOL.

Pineapple tarts...now I have to search for your archive. That sounds like a good baking project for me. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails