Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Another week has passed

and I haven't done any updates on my blog. Sometime I am not motivated to write because most of my friends don't read this blog. It feels like talking to the air and myself most of the time.

Anyway, I guess I will blog less often from now on, but I still need a space to record the new recipes I try from time to time. Sometime we tried so many new recipes a week that we hardly remembered what we had for dinner few days ago!

The main breakthrough for me last week was definitely the chinese turnip cake. And I made a nice batch of cookies using a new-to-me ingredient- peppermint chips! I used a basic chocolate cips cookies recipe, and added in some peppermint chips for colour.

I gave some to the maintenance guy who came and worked on our bathroom tiles for 2 days. He seemed to like them, and told me that his 3 kids liked the cookies too!

I bought the peppermint chips from Target sometime ago, believing that I could use that in my Christmas cookies baking. Speaking of Christmas cookies, I have a hard time deciding what to bake. And whether I should make the tried and tested recipes or something new and interesting....

After having Turkey on the covers of most cooking magazines I subscribed in November, they were either cakes or cookies on their December issues. I can't complain. Afterall, I prefer cake or cookies to turkey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... in anycase, you know that I have been always your biggest fan, and open your blog DAILY :) Keep going !

Mandy said...

ah...merci beaucoup Sarah!

Related Posts with Thumbnails