Sunday, February 05, 2006

Baking on Thursday

Last Thursday was Groundhog day. I asked OCT what was that supposed to mean. He told me that it meant a bad day, when you would not have any luck in whatever you do. Not convinced, I did a search on internet to look for the answer myself. And this was what i found:

"In traditional weather lore, if a groundhog emerges from its burrow on this day and fails to see its shadow because the weather is cloudy, winter will soon end. If the groundhog sees its shadow because the weather is bright and clear, it will be frightened and run back into its hole, and the winter will continue for six more weeks."

Ok, so Groundhog day doesn't mean an unlucky day. Then why did I overbake the muffins that OCT supposed to bring to his lab breakfast? And my Mocha Cheesecake turned out to be ugly dark brown? OCT insisted that Groundhog Day was not my day, and I shouldn't continue to bake the pineapple tarts.

I ignored him and proceeded with my pineapple tarts nevertheless. And here's how they turned out:


Thank God! They turned out fine!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails